Sunday, August 26, 2007

Projects are getting finshed-and new ones begun

So I was about to take a really cute picture of the girls bathroom to show recent updates in there since I painted it a few weeks ago and had not posted anything yet. But right as I went to get my camera, Emily pulled on the towel bar climbing out of the tub, and crash, the bar broke out of the wall! Oh well! Hopefully we can get it fixed.

We got the cabinets on the all above the desk in the kitchen. We haven't put up the crown moulding, but we are getting there. Doors & shelves are the next step. We also bought more cabinets this weekend for the other wall. We had talked about just a base unit or 84" units. We got two tall units, so I have lots of painting to do!! Yikes. They will allow us to get all our stuff put away that is sitting in the bookcase in the kitchen (the bookcase goes upstairs for my little bookworms. They have outgrown the one they have), and get the food storage out of the garage so the humidity does not ruin it before we get to it. Karl has already lost a sealed package of Oreos due to extreme humidity :)

And the best news of all, the painting in the living room is finally finished. Karl & I painted the trim edges yesterday. I did as much as I could before I turned it over to Karl. It was just too high up for me! Even Karl was nervous about falling.

We are excited to finish the rest of our projects here and just enjoy the house and living here.

No comments: