Wednesday, April 23, 2008

As heard at dinner

We were eating dinner as a family tonight and talking about different things when Emily asked a question with her mouth full of food. Our rule is "No talking with food in your mouth," so Sydney turned to her and said (with her mouth full of food) "Emily, do we talk with food in your mouth?" Emily grinned, shook her head no, finished chewing, then swallowed. Both of us turned to Sydney and said, "Sydney, you have food in your mouth!" She gave us one of her little faces (the classic, man, I am busted face), chewed, then swallowed hers down too.

It doesn't sound as funny in print, but it was pretty funny at the time!

Can I just add for the record that Karl is a Proofreading Punctuation Pain in the Patootie!  He has been editing over my shoulder, and I hate it! I admit it; I don't use commas well.  Apparently he is helpful at work with editing government papers.  His coworkers have come to love him. (In fact he was quite helpful with this paragraph too.  And he just gave up and told me I can write what I want.  He would also like to add that in all fairness I should have left my errors up there so everyone could see his corrections in all their punctuated glory.)

No comments: