Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring Break






Two week ago was Spring break for the kids. We started out the week with Easter Sunday. we had dyed some eggs the day before, but those never go in the hunt! I am always afraid of the spoilage factor and the girls get up way too early for my taste.

They had a wonderful time hunting their eggs and scooping them up. I loved to see them help on another hunt, and play hot & cold for some of the harder to find eggs. Josh was just a spectators this year :) After church I grabbed josh from Karl, Like always, loaded up the kids in the van, and drove home like always. Karl has meetings in the morning and drives himself. I got home and noticed the car in the driveway and wondered how Karl could possibly have gotten home before me. Then it hit me. We drove together this Sunday since he had no meetings. Woops! Luckily he realized there was a problem (25 minutes late) and there were still friends in the building who live nearby so he got a ride home.

We tried getting a shot of all the kids dressed up looking adorable but Sydney was having a temper tantrum moment, so she was unable to come out & join the other 2. This is Josh's first tie, and I thought it was wonderful. Emily really likes her new dress and has worn it again. Of course it can't actually touch anything on her skin, but hey, it is progress in my book.

On Monday I went to visit April & Gary for 2 days. We hit the pool and had a great time with family. Then we came home for a OT (Occupational Therapy) Evaluation for Emily. They think she needs some sensory therapy to help her get over her skin issues. I totally agree! I got a brush and I am responsible for brushing her 3 times a day to help desensitize her skin.

She also might have a mild case (is that even the right word?) of Aspberger's Syndrome which is on the high end of Autism spectrum. She had that test right before Spring Break. We are headed to the doctor today to get the results of the test. I would like someone to help me understand how her brain works and how to get her to handle the little ups and downs in life that throw her for such awful curve balls.

1 comment:

Nelson Nitwits said...

The Easter outfits look great and Josh is sure a cutie!