Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Awkward time at the doctors

I was at the doctor's office with Emily, Sydney, and Josh two weeks ago and was really shocked and disappointed to see three young boys attacking the lovely wooden train table and ripping the pieces out of the table. Those pieces were screwed into each other and the table top so thy had tonwork hard to destroy it. What got me was that their mother was sitting in the lobby while they did this and never said anything. I didn't either though. I probably should have. When Sydney, Josh, and I came out to wait for Emily, I spent some time trying to fix the table again in full view of their mom. She said nothing to me though. She also didn't try to help fix what her children had done.

We came to the office today for another visit. The table is gone. I inquired about it and was told they got rid of it because of missing and broken pieces. Such a shame. There were older boys playing while we waited, three boys maybe 10-12. Both my baby and my 5 year old had fun with it too. But because of a few people, the fun of so many others is spoiled. Next time I see kids destroying things, I will speak up and the consequences of offending the mother are simply not worth it.

1 comment:

aprilk said...

I LOVE this picture of Josh! He has the sweetest expression and the light is lovely.