Friday, July 30, 2010

The Bed Saga Part 3

So after the beds were delivered theee weeks ago, we were left missing the key part-footboard and headboard. We called, complained, and got freight shipping for more parts. Two Monday's ago we received the missing headboard and footboards. Both boxes were torn, but one appeared to be fine. I didn't notice the footprints on the box until after they left. Their were some cracks in the finish that were probably a result of this!





The other box got munched by a forklift and was there were large smoosh lines in the wood. It might not have been visible once the bed was assembled, but it really bothered me. I checked with the girls, and they decided they did not want a predamaged bed. Emily was willing to wait for the new pieces to arrive.






We got Sydney's bed assembled and starting getting her part of the room a little more in order, but we didn't get far since we had their bedroom widow replaced.

After more calls and more complaints, we got the second headboard shipped freight too. I tracked it online and called ups when I saw it in Norfolk. Oddly enough my box got misloaded and sent to the wrong city. Shocker! I arranged to get it instead of letting it sit in the freight office for 4 more days. It barely fit in the can with the seats flattened. Thankfully with Emily now in a seatbelt not a booster the kids could all fit in his car.

Karl put up the bed himself since I was out stamping. Emily was able to help him a bit but still, very impressive! Now both beds were in place so I started assembling desks, chairs, bookshelves, and a dresser. Karl bailed me out with the dresser after I got ready to pitch it out the window in frustration!
The girls have their own desk and bookshelf so we split up all the books and made the former bookshelf a game and picture shelf. It may move still in the room.

We ended up following my design layout loosely. Dressers moved as did the shelf, but it looks nice now. We still have to tackle the odds and ends in the office that belong to the girls and their closet. And I need to paint the window sill.

Yikes! I hear stomping so I better go back to work! Josh is napping now but won't be at this rate! Someday Saturdays will be for fun not just chores!




































No comments: