Monday, October 1, 2007

I never thought I'd say this but...

When Emily started school, I never ever thought I would hear myself say," Don't do your homework, go play with your friends." I also never thought that she would burst into hysterica tears that she couldn't go out to play because she had a lot of work to do was was very busy. this is with the friend in the house at that time. Fortunately she didn't scare off her friend who went outside and began playing with Sydney.

We are planning a short trip and will be missing some school so I had her teacher send home her work for the week today, and the sight of it might just have overwhelmed the poor girl. She dove right in though and was crushed that we weren't taking her desire to finish it seriously enough.

She ultimately calmed down and went outside to play but it took a lot of convincing. I still can't believe I said that though!

1 comment:

snas said...

Hi Heather! It is 6AM and I have to go to work, but instead I was cleaning out my email inbox and found your blog address. I have been enjoying reading it for the last 20min. I especially liked the "I'm bored" story. Your response of "go find something to do" reminds me of your father.
I am glad to hear that you and the girls are well. Are you liking living in the South? How's Karl?
Tom and I are doing well in Boston, although we are both very busy. Anyway, this is probably an incorrect use of a blog, but I just wanted to say hi! You can respond to me in email if you prefer. Miss you!