Sunday, September 30, 2007

Stage Fright

Emily had a small line in our church's primary program today. We have been practicing in primary for the last 4 weeks on all the songs and parts for all the kids, but for the first 2 weeks Emily would not come within 2 feet of the microphone. I was almost willing to give up on her speaking as a lost cause when her teacher convinced me to get Emily to pray for courage. Well, I must admit I did not really think that would work, but was willing to try it since nothing I had done had worked either. So we included that in our prayers every night.

Last week in practise she got up there and mumbled her part very nicely into the mic, then fell on me(I was sitting net to the stand to prompt little kids) and gave me a big hug before galloping down the stand to jump on her 60 year old teacher and give her a giant hug. Emily is a good solid 55 pounds, but luckily her teacher said she saw the twinkle in Emily's eye as she charged and knew something major was headed her way so she did not get knocked over.

Today was the program and there was an audience watching her so I was worried about her freezing at the mic, but she did a wonderful job-minus the bear hugs though. She was justifiably very proud!

No comments: