Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!!

So, Thanksgiving, and Christmas went by in a blur! We have been having a great but very busy time these past few weeks. We went to Connecticut and Massachusetts for Thanksgiving to spend time with my side of the family. We spent some a day with my sister on our way North which was wonderful since they could not join the rest of us in CT. We celebrated Turkey day on Friday this year so we could spend Thursday traveling. It was really weird to know the majority of America was dining on turkey while we were at McDonald's. I wanted to go up to the other diners and say "What's your excuse?" The trip home was incredibly slow! It should have been 9 hours of driving time, 12 including stops. It took 17 1/2 total. Yuck! I was not the driver, but what a long time to spend on the car! Josh was as good as he could be, but after 12 hours, when his little bottom hit the car seat again, he just crumpled up and started to wail. I felt so incredibly bad for him. I had a book (the 4th Twilight book) so my trip flew by faster than any one else's did.

The last month of school went to quickly. I did not feel prepared for Christmas this year. I was working on so many different projects, and none seemed to get done on the time schedule I wanted! But, the big day came and went and everyone had a good time. I am dabbling in jewelery making, sewing, stamps and a bunch of other things as well as my design projects. Our office and bedroom are a mess right now!

In fact, the other day Emily asked why we (Karl and I) got dessert since our room was messy. She said I know it's messy I was in there today! How rude!

No comments: