Sunday, January 20, 2008

This week in Review

First off two extremely funny things happened this weekend. The first. We got a "storm" this weekend. All day yesterday there were weather warning alerts about the severe weather. Of course, if we were still living in Connecticut, the weather man would have just said we would be getting some light flurries and left it at that. It was pretty amusing to see the reaction the inch on the grass got.

The other amusing thing happened tonight when Emily came in my bedroom complaining about her nose, and not being able to blow it. I helped by holding up a tissue, but she was still so upset about her nose and kept reaching in with her finger after something. Finally she admitted to shoving a sticker up her nose. And of course, she wanted me to get it out. Operation Sticker Removal began. First I sent Sydney to get her mini flashlight so I could see the thing since I didn't really want to go after it with my finger. I turned on the light, and put Emily on my bed with her head tilted up and fished around with my tweezers and got the little thing out. When I asked her why she did that, she smiled, shrugged, and said "I don't know!" Gross but funny.

The girls finished swimming lessons this week. They did an incredible job, but they will be repeating the same class level again. Emily does incredibly well with her float belt, but doesn't quite have the same confidence to do it on her own. Sydney really look just like a small dog running in the water. It is really funny. She paddles her arms, and jogs instead of kicking. She does much better with a belt! She still does not like putting her face in the water though, but she is getting very good at floating!

Sydney's class had a field trip on Friday to the Aquarium in Virginia Beach, and we had a wonderful trip. The other exciting part of the trip was when we found out that her teacher had been having contractions all morning and we were especially excited for her as she was over a week late. Pictures are coming soon from that trip!

We also lost our minds last weekend and bought a mini van (a 2007 Town & Country, and no it does not have the really cool swivel seats). We went to look at a less expensive mini-van, but ended up getting a different one that was a bit more money. Now that the dreamlike state from the car dealership has worn off, we have to kick ourselves for doing things the wrong way, but it is done now and hopefully we learned our lesson. Aside from that, I really love the mini-van and have started playing a little game as I drive. I sing a little song "1 little 2 little 3 little mini-vans" to the tune of One Little Indian, as I spot mini-vans along the way. I usually can finish the song before I get where I am headed. If I drive past the school at all slowly, the game is over almost immediately.

In other exciting news, my weight loss goals are finally kicking in and all the effort at the YMCA is paying off. I have only lost a little but, but it is just so exciting to see the numbers on the scale budge- and in the right direction too!

2 comments:

Kendra Leigh said...

Ha ha! I laughed so hard at the sticker in the nose incident. When I was a kid, I stuck a string bean up my nose and got it so far up that I think we had to go to the ER to have it removed. Kids!

Heather Pilz said...

I am hoping she has learned her lesson with the sticker :) I am not looking forward to rescuing anything larger!