Monday, August 18, 2008

Beasty Breakfast



I really should have Karl blog about this since he took the girls and I was at home but...Saturday the Virginia Zoo was having a special members only event where you got to wander the zoo at breakfast time before it was open to the general population. The girls had a wonderful time, especially at the lion cages. The young lions were especially playful and the male lion was about 4 inches away from Emily on the other side of the bars. They also love visiting the prairie dogs. Except that when Sydney mentioned she wanted to go see the prairie dogs, Emily said "You mean the fairy dogs?" Who knew they had a different name!

This is one of the funniest pictures Karl took. (Sadly my camera was home with me so this was taken by his phone) I have no idea what exactly was going through Emily's mind when she smiled, but it makes me laugh.

No comments: