Friday, October 24, 2008

Art Show & First smiles




Yesterday we went to Emily's first (hopefully of many) art show. She was chosen along with 3 other students from her school to be part of an Art Show for Suffolk Public Schools. Her assignment was to draw a scarecrow (They were discussing making bodies and the shapes that are in the body. They were also supposed to include their favorite fruits and vegetables from the garden. She included carrots, watermelon, tomatoes, sunflowers, and zinnias. She also made the scarecrow a tiger.

She also is headed to school wearing a hat she made herself. Today is Crazy Hat Day. Carmen Miranda comes to mind! The hat is all fruit.



Josh is getting really big and strong. Yesterday I was holding him and he was awake and happy. We made eye contact, I smiled at him and talked to him, and he smiled back at me. I was so much fun!! He is till colicky at night, and I hope that goes away soon, but it is so wonderful to see him changing right before my eyes!

1 comment:

Nelson Nitwits said...

You're a very talented artist Emily! Great work!!