Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy Halloween


Here we are at the Annual Trunk or Treat with Jasmine, a little black cat, and baby Raja, Jasmine's pet tiger. We were suppossed to have another little Jasmine, or a little fairy, but Sydney decided to wear the other costume Grandma Pilz made for her. Note the really cool black wig I made:))

The wig took 2 skeins of yarn, 2 wig caps, 1 mannequin head, some saran wrap, lots of hot glue, 1 burnt finger, and one sewing machine. I should have taken pictures as I went, since I am pretty rpoud of my project. Note to anyone trying to make a yarn wig on a mannequin head, saran wrap is a great idea, but use wax paper if you want to use hot glue. My hot glue melted the saran wrap and stuck to the head. I was glad to have the second cap so I could stick it under the first wig and make it less pricky for princess sensitive skin! Emily looks completely different to me with black hair! She let me put on a little eye makeup so you could see her eye & eyelashes. The hair on the wig goes all the way down to her hips too! Major thanks to Grandma Pilz for making the costume. It was soft enough fabric so she enjoyed wearing it.

No comments: